PERFECT BEACH SIDE HOLIDAY DESTINATIONS & WHAT TO PACK
For me the idea of a perfect holiday, is a hot beach side destination, filled with swimming, sunshine and a cocktail or two. I thought I would share with you 5 of my favourite summer holiday destinations as well as my beach side essentials packing list.
SUMMER HOLIDAY DESTINATIONS
- Mykonos has long been a favourite of mine. After almost 10 trips to Greece, I’ve well and truly fallen in love. Mykonos has a tone of beach clubs, which come complete with deckchairs, umbrellas and table service.
- Bahamas is a recently place I visited last month and I have to say, I really enjoyed it. We stay at a more exclusive resort called the One & Only which was great because it wasn’t too busy. We also found the beaches to be perfect and clean and like many of the One & Only resorts they had their own exclusive areas to lounge around and soak up the sun.
- My home, Sydney Australia is home to many beaches, in fact, there are over 100 beaches! The great thing I love about Sydney aside from the number of options you have is that there is a combination of calm water beaches as well as surfing beaches. So, depending on which you prefer, you’ll find plenty of options. My favourite, Tamarama, Bondi, Freshwater and Balmoral.
- To date my favourite beach side holiday destination has been the Maldives. You can more in my recent blog from Coco Resorts.
- Phuket Thailand is the ideal location if you are looking for something a little more affordable. There are several luxury resorts such as Sri Panwa which offer a nice escape from some of the busier parts of Phuket.
SUMMER HOLIDAY PACKING
So now you know some of my favourite beach side locations, next it’s time to plan your outfit. No matter where I go I always take 5 essentials items:
- Swimsuit- The perfect Swimsuit is hard to come by, especially as a lady. You’ve got to worry about bra size, fabric quality, design, shape, colour…. Need I say more?! The most important thing for me when picking the perfect swimsuit is knowing your body shape. While it’s very on trend right now to wear a high waisted onesie, it just doesn’t work with my body shape. Instead what tends to work for me is a two-piece bikini with a mid-coverage bottom. I picked this gorgeous two piece from the Sun Seekers Budapest range because it had a beautiful flattering shape and provided just the right amount of coverage for my booty. I also love the blue shades in the fabric and the side ties in the brief.
- Protecting your face from the sun is very important because our face is one of the first places we show age. Despite wearing SPF, I have a natural tendency to freckle across the nose and cheeks so I always wear a hat!
- Cover-up: As I’ve gotten older I’ve started to get a little more paranoid about my wobbly bits. Even if you don’t have them (lucky you!), every girl feels a little self-conscious at times, which is why I love a good cover-up. The Sun Seekers shirt is perfect for the beach because it has a beautiful lightweight fabric. I also find it goes nicely with a cute pair of denim shorts which I often wear on the way to the beach.
- I never leave home without SPF! Just like the hat, it’s important to protect your skin from the sun. I prefer a good 30 plus which I apply every couple of hours.
- A comfortable pair of espadrilles is a must for a beach side holiday. Not only are espadrilles comfortable but I find them a little more versatile than a sandal. I get a lot of use from my espadrilles, including wearing them on flights, walking around town or even pairing them with a cute dress for a more dressed up daytime look.
GET THE LOOK FROM SUN SEEKER
To help you complete your beach holiday outfit, Sun Seeker is giving our first 25 readers, 20% off their entire order!! This is only available for the first 25 people, so be sure to get in quick! Simply enter EWTE20 during checkout to redeem this discount. This offer is valid until the 31st of December 2017 and valid on the entire basket total.
PERFECT BEACH SIDE HOLIDAY DESTINATIONS & WHAT TO PACK WRITTEN BY MELANIE DUCA